Thursday, May 2, 2013

Up

This was an entry in the local club's movie-themed photo contest.

I had my heart set on the Up movie, but mounting it was a big challenge.



I had to make the clothes to make the figures distinguishable as their movie alter-egos: Carl and Russell from Up. This was my first clothes sewing project and the teeny weeny hems and seams did not make it easy. Took me AGES.





And then the house! Engineering involved, as I was paranoid about the log cabin falling off. The balloons weren't easy, either. I went to several stores to look for the size I needed (proportions still off, but that's the best I could do), and then I had to pump air into each of them with a bike pump.


Gaaah. And then shooting was more difficult than I thought, hence, the buzzer beater entry.



The entry didn't win, but it was a fun challenge, and the other entries were really inspiring, too.  Looking forward to joining more contests in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment