Friday, March 22, 2013

Moving in


All I wanted last Christmas was a Sylvanian house for my three lone Sylvanian figures Betty Blackberry and Sybil and Stephanie Clearwater. My sisters obliged, so ta-daah, I got the new Log Cabin (handcarried from Singapore!) and the Hedgehog family, the Brambles!



It was a long wait to Christmas (and much guessing about what was in the box), but ultimately worth it! Went furniture shopping after Christmas, of course!


It's a great house -- I love the rustic feel of it and its features -- the log walls, the outdoor bath, the hammocks, the deck, and the loft with the terrace!




As log cabins go, this is more of a vacation home. It's too small for all the figures and furniture I have, especially since I've acquired a lot more Sylvanian stuff since Christmas (birthday, teeheehee!). I'm paranoid about overpopulation, as I compulsively want all the figures to have their own space in the house. Or at least a role in the community. The layout of the log cabin is also open plan, hence it's hard to delineate rooms.

In any case, I had been planning an expansion anyway. And it's already underway, thanks to a great deal I got at a recent sale. More on that later! 

 ***
Oh, and I really doubt anyone is reading this at this point but I've changed the blog header and adjusted the width. I haven't worked with Blogger in a while so it's taking some getting used to! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment